harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nadya Morozova" <nad.moroz...@googlemail.com>
Subject [site] update Quick Help for Contributors (the building instructions)
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2007 09:27:41 GMT
Hi,
I decided to update the Quick Help for Contributors page [1] and posted a
patch to JIRA 4893 [2]. I only changed the wording in some places to switch
accents. you're welcome to review the patch and submit your comments.

if somebody could read / test the latest Quick Help page and let me know if
there are any technical discrepancies, i'd be very thankful. i guess the
prerequisites part may be out of date or incomplete. for example: do we
actually need MS VS 2003? Do we need the Pro version only, or can users
download a free Express Edition and be done? What about compilers? Will the
MS VS built-in compiler be enough or do we need an external compiler, like
Intel's 9.0?

[1] http://harmony.apache.org/quickhelp_contributors.html

Cheers,
Nadya