harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Xiao-Feng Li" <xiaofeng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Harmony for Apache internal use?
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 15:39:07 GMT
On 10/17/07, Alexei Zakharov <alexei.zakharov@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have strong +1 for this type of activity. IMO it is very hard to
> persuade people to use Harmony for their projects if Apache by itself
> doesn't trust it. As a first step we may ask to create a separate
> Harmony-powered instance of JIRA, solely for Harmony purposes.
>
> BTW, some Apache projects (Geronimo for example) use Confluence Wiki
> that is also a J2EE product from Atlassian [1]. We may try to run it
> on Harmony too.

Interesting idea. Can we get the software to run with Harmony so that
we have enough confidence? For example, before the infra people tell
us how many hours are considered acceptable, it's probably better for
us to tell the infra people how many hours Harmony can run with the
software smoothly, and some performance number is necessary as well.

Can we (or some other Apache people) talk to Atlassian directly about
the software? Or as an alternative as Alexei suggested, we can try to
get a trial JIRA setup with Harmony separately. Once we have a good
confidence level, we can try to use this Harmony-based JIRA for
Harmony project at first, then we ask for more infra diffusion.

Thanks,
xiaofeng

--
http://xiao-feng.blogspot.com