harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Sean Qiu" <sean.xx....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [buildtest] pass rate definition
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2007 12:52:55 GMT
I am puzzle by this issues too.
For normal application, the passrate is easy to estimate.
While for harmony, we have a reference implementation to follow up.

There is no doubt that "BuggyTest", "IntermittentlyFailingTest",
"UnsupportedTest" ,"FailingTest" should  be taken into our consideration.

The only question in issue is about "FailingReferenceTest" (does this mean
no-bug-difference here?).I prefer to consider them as the test's bugs rather
than our bugs. And it is accepable for most of the case.

But if there is broad consensus on this issue between developers, whose
details are not defined by reference, we still need modify our
implementation to comply with the consensus to make the test pass.

Anyway, we can take "FailingReferenceTest" as the test's bug rather than our
implementation. Since we comply with the reference anyway, this should be
the most important criteria. So my suggestion is :

Passrate = 1 - ( "BuggyTest"+ "IntermittentlyFailingTest" +
"UnsupportedTest" + "FailingTest" )  / Total

--
Sean Qiu
China Software Development Lab, IBM