harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Sean Qiu" <sean.xx....@gmail.com>
Subject [Test] Shall we maintain a individual archive for our classlib unit test?
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 02:58:40 GMT
Like some other famous open source project , i.e. derby,eclipse, they will
release the project as well as a individual jar of their test.
Gnu Classpath even has sub-project called Mauve which consists of many unit
test.

Harmony has so many unit tests that our user can make use of.
Most user will download our binary release rather than checking out the
souce, building and testing.
I guess we can archive a testing.jar for user, so they can test their binary
jre directly without any building.

Within a testing.jar and a build.xml, we can run test through one command:

$> ant -Dtest.jre.dir=${path}/jre

What's more, there are two kinds of test, some are harmony implementation
dependent tests.
And the rest are public api tests.
We can publish the public API tests for other independent implementation.
(Though the candidates are hard to find right now.)

Even RI can use our test if they want.

Any comments? Suggestions?

--
Sean Qiu