harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Sean Qiu" <sean.xx....@gmail.com>
Subject [buildtest][coverage] A new emma instrument adaptor for BTI 2.0
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2007 06:55:15 GMT
Hi, guys

I have report a new jira[1] for test coverage issues.
As we have discussed earlier, this adaptor will do:

1. Maintain a copy of wanted jre to run test for generating coverage report
2. Instrument the library classes except some key classed that emma will
make use of.
3. Add the instrumented classes and customized emma.jar [2] into the
bootstrap classpath.

Within this adaptor, we can get a runnable instrumented jre for testing, it
will generate emma meta files to get coverage report.
There is no need to do any more configurations when using the instrumented
jre.

---------------
Archive Content
---------------

This patch contains scripts for instrumenting a jre for generating coverage
report.
The directories structure within BT trunk directory is as follows:

+<BTI trunk>/
|-+adaptors/ - scripts connecting test suites to BTI (called "adaptors")
| |
| |-+emma_instrument/ - emma_instrument suite adaptor directory
| |
| |--adaptor.xml - emma_instrument suite adaptor
| |
| |--parameters.xml - parameters file
| |
| |--EMMA.BTI.README.txt - this readme file

|-+tests/ - configuration files for customized emma instrumenting

   |-+muave_test/ - emma_instrument configure directory

      |--bootclasspath.properties - customized file to include instrumented
classes and emma.jar to bootstrap classpath

      |--kernel.list - the list file of kernel classes which used by emma
when instrumenting

      |--all.api.list - the list file of all the public API classes

      |--exclude.api.list - the list file of classes in luni-kernel.jar and
security-kernel.jar, those classes can not be collected,
                                                 we must exclude them. Those
classes are NOT the kernel classes mentioned befor

------------
Known issues

1. The drlvm can not load the instrumented classes, it will throw an error:
   java/lang/ClassFormatError : com/vladium/emma/rt/RT : invalid magic
   Using j9vm is OK to generate emma files to get coverage report.

I will try to find out why instrumented jre with drlvm cannot run the test,
any help from drlvm gurus are prefered.

[2] http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/coverageEMMA

--
Sean Qiu