harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Loenko" <mloe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] publish SPECjbb2005 scores
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2007 03:21:29 GMT
This is what I was thinking about as well.

Non-profit/educational license for JBB2005 is 125$ [1]

But some logistics is not clear for me:

Though it's possible that one can buy it and grant to ASF, it's not clear
who in ASF has authority to accept the grant

It's also not clear who will then be able to use the SPEC and how we will
maintain this "USER will not permit any third party to use or copy the
original or any copy thereof. In the event of unauthorized transfer or
copying, USER will pay SPEC a penalty in the amount of one additional
fee for each such transfer or copy." from [2]

The third thing that's not clear for me is who should approve submitting
the results and behalf of Apache Harmony.

Thanks,
Mikhail

[1] http://www.spec.org/order.html
[2] http://www.spec.org/spec/docs/sample_license_agreement.pdf