harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Loenko" <mloe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [offlist] Re: Thoughts...
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2007 14:21:05 GMT
> Tim Ellison wrote:
> > off-list for a momnent, but I may raise this on the list too...
>
> then I guess I should have changed the address line too ;-)

LOL

> I was trying to avoid a meta-discussion in the voting thread, and have
> really messed it up now, d'oh.
>
> Enjoy anyway!
> Tim

The first reason is to be consistent with the past. I'm reluctant to list
contributions that we accepted but did not intergrated, but still we have
precedents.

The second reason is flexibility that we gain once we accept the code:
then if someone finds that for example 10-lines of some utility code can
be reused elsewhere, they can simply copy-paste it to SVN.

If for technical reasons we decline the contribution, then we don't
have such a flexibility

Thanks,
Mikhail