harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Loenko" <mloe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [site] add automatic out-of-date notice to the old pages
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2007 14:15:03 GMT
I agree that we need to distinguish somehow the pages that are perfect
from the pages that are out of date. Ideally we should not have out of
date pages though...

I think that it should not be something automatic: for example for
the page that describes command line option we can say that we plan
to add more options soon. So the text of the notice might differ

2007/10/4, Nadya Morozova <nad.morozova@googlemail.com>:
> Hi,
> What do you think of this:
> Let's add a notice at the top of evidently old pages on the website to warn
> readers that the docs are out-of-date and currently being revised? Some of
> the DRLVM component descriptions, such as the threading module, and the
> developer's guide (see bug HARMONY-4646 for report on wrong bits).
> we could perhaps automate adding some notice by editing the site.vsl file?
> for example, we could add a new property of "status" or something to xml
> pages, and when the status is "outofdate", the processing engine will add
> some notice to the top of the corresponding html page. At least, that's how
> i see this from the technical standpoint. if somebody could come up with a
> better solution or add a new macro to site.vsl with this functionality, that
> would be real nice.
> --
> Cheers,
> Nadya