harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Yunyun Hao" <yunyun....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jitrino]question about instrument
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2007 13:58:44 GMT
2007/9/21, Pavel Ozhdikhin < pavel.ozhdikhin@gmail.com>:

> Estelle,
>

> Unless you inline HIR of the callee into the foo(), your changes in this
> HIR
> will be lost after compilation of foo() is complete. I see several ways to
>
> instrument callees:
>
>   1. Instrument all methods and then filter out those you don't need.
>   The list of callees or a call graph may be obtained during the
> compilation
>   of foo(). This looks to me as the simplest way but the overhead may be
> big.

Hi, Pavel,

I have the same problem with estelle's. and if I Instrument all methods,
it will bring side effect to other methods.

  2. Use CompilationInterface.compileMethod() routine to run a full
>   compilation of a callee from a compilation session of foo(). You may
>   organize pasing a parameter to designate that the compiled method must
> be
>   instrumented. This is quite a simple to do but compiling one method from
>   another may be unsafe in case on complex type dependencies.

When the pipeline compile foo(), callee's HIR is unavailable. If Use
CompilationInterface.compileMethod() routine to run a full  compilation of a
callee from a compilation session of foo(). How to get HIR of callee?
Whether the instrumented HIR will be overrided when the pipeline really
compile callees?

  3. Create a list of callees during the first run and then instrument
>   the callees during the next run.

Thanks,