harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [build?] Problem with snapshot build or download page?
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2007 14:51:02 GMT
On 10/17/07, Sian January <sianjanuary@googlemail.com> wrote:
> That's good - it sounds like we are aiming for the same thing after all!  It
> would be nice if this could be automated at some point, so successful builds
> are published automatically.  Also should the build be considered broken if
> we have an unsuccessful build?  It just seems to me like something is wrong
> if there hasn't been a 'successful' build for more than 2 weeks.  What do
> you think?

Hi Sian,

Do you mean 'successful'=='tested' build?

I agree that we need to work out a criteria for publishing tested
builds for users. Of cause if everything became GREEN on the testing
page then the build is published as users build. But it is not so
probable to see during active code development. Also I agree that we
should define time frame - if we can not publish users build for a
long time that we need to stop and fix all failures. I'd suggest to
use a set of suites run by integrity testing [1]. So if classlib
tests, drlvm and drlvm-regression tests, jdktools and Eclipse hello
world application pass on snapshot testing them we publish the build.

[1] http://people.apache.org/~varlax/harmony-integrity/

Thanks,
Stepan.

<SNIP>