harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject [general] 5.0 M3 stable build has been released
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 05:00:50 GMT
Hi all,

I'm glad to announce that M3 stable build has been released: The
following announcement was added to the news page:
"The build is targeted primarily to improving overall stability and
performance. This build contains the following enhancements enabled:
an innovative fast byte code verifier, lazy resolution in all JIT
modes on IA32 platforms, support for Java6.0 classes in DRLVM.

The next areas were improved:
- Bytecode mapping in JIT - exception stack traces became more comprehensive
- Threading support was partially re-factored towards improvement of
reliability and maintainability
- JIT-based JVMTI debug mode was speed up in 3 times
- Stability of Swing and AWT code on Windows"

The build is available on the download page[1]

Please let me know if I missed something that worth to be included to
the announcement text or there are invalid links on the download page.

[1] http://harmony.apache.org/downloads.html#M3-r580985

Thanks,
Stepan Mishura