harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][auth]To move org.apache.harmony.auth.UnixPrincipal related classes to common directory.
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2007 10:13:53 GMT
> On 10/8/07, Stepan Mishura <stepan.mishura@gmail.com> wrote:

> > >   The tricky thing here is that the UnixPrincipal represents the
> > > principal on the target server which provides unix interface. :)
> > > (Besides, java doc also claims that they are UnixPrincipals).
> > >

> > What about NTDomainPrincipal, NTSidPrimaryGroupPrincipal and so on?
> > Should we move them too?
>
>   Seems RI also includes these classes in the distribution of linux release.
>   But what puzzles me is that from the java doc, NTDomainPrincipal is
> only referenced by NTLoginModule if I have not missed something and
> the NTLoginModule itself is not included in the RI distribution on
> linux.
>   However, at least to be compatible with RI, I agree to move
> NTDomainPrincipal to common directory as well.

Sorry, may be may first question was too short/unclear and caused
misunderstanding.

You wrote that "the UnixPrincipal represents the principal on the
target server which provides unix interface". So I asked by analogy -
is there any server which provides windows interface? If yes then we
may consider moving NT* classes.

IMO, this is not compatibility issue - the list of classes that RI
includes into a distribution for login modules. And I think this is
not the case when we should consider RI to make a technical decision.
Correct?

Thanks,
Stepan.

<SNIP>