harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Numbering of snapshots/release candidates/etc
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2007 10:06:20 GMT
On 10/3/07, Mark Hindess wrote:

> On 3 October 2007 at 13:34, Gregory Shimansky <gshimansky@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Mark Hindess wrote:
> > > On 3 October 2007 at 13:32, "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mishura@gmail.com>
wro
> > te:

> > ro

> > > Sounds good so long as we can find a way to pick the best revision
> > > without doing too many queries against the svn server. ;-)
> >
> > I think it is possible to use "svn info" to get "Last Changed Rev" out
> > of the repository. It doesn't query the server at all.
>
> Of course, and that is what I had in mind when suggesting we fix our
> processes, but it sounded like Stepan had something more sophisticated
> in mind.

There is a chance that the code for the "Last Changed Rev" is broken
and it doesn't make sense to build and test a new snapshot. We publish
3 snapshots per week and there were cases when we had only 1 snapshot
because of broken build, mass tests failures ... I think we should
avoid publishing broken snapshots.

Thanks,
Stepan.