harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew Cornwall" <andrew.pack...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] [pack200] Using BCEL for Pack200
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2007 22:50:40 GMT
Hmm... I'm starting to worry that BCEL might not be able to do what we need.
Its default behaviour is to be very unconcerned with the order of classpool
entries - something that Pack200 is extremely concerned with. I've hacked up
a version of BCEL which will allow me to add a String reference to the
classpool without knowing ahead of time which Utf8 the String refers to -
but given that Pack200 is mostly writing out things that don't change
(except for classpool refs) I wonder if BCEL gives us much of an advantage.

    Andrew Jr.