harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Blewitt" <alex.blew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] [pack200] Using BCEL for Pack200
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2007 08:12:43 GMT
Yeah, this is why I started putting together the harmony.bytecode
package. I also had the ClassPool to let me handle resolving
duplicates when pulling them out -- the UTF8 constants are added into
the hashmap, then there's an optional place to sort (which I didn't
implement, and then they get streamed out in ID order.

The BCEL provides easy way of loading/accessing class files, but
realistically, they're not that complicated and the harmony.bytecode.*
stuff did that already.

At least, that's why I started down that route in the first place ...

Alex.