harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Beliaev" <vladimir.k.beli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [buildtest][eut] set of EUT patches for M3 to be integrated
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2007 11:09:29 GMT
BTW, I complete testing the failures/errors/crashes I've got locally during
nightly run.

They are NOT reproducible if I run a single EUT Suite (like jdtdebug or
jdttext).

So the EFL patches you just committed are to produce the corrct EFLs (or
these local issues are intermittent ones).

So, let's see what your cycled testing will show.

Thanks
Vladimir Beliaev

2007/10/1, Vladimir Beliaev <vladimir.k.beliaev@gmail.com>:

> I agree about 5-7 times. Still there are two ways to implement it:
>
> 1. run EUT on daily base, see the results & update EFL (prepare patch &
> commit). Stop doing this when a GREEN picture is table during 2-3 days.
>
> 2. run EUT 1 time with 5-7 cycles which take 8*7=56h=~days. Then work on
> all unexpected failures / error. I'm ok with such a variant also (it less
> timeconsuming for us).
>
> So please choose what is simpler for you to implement. I believe, the
> regualr testing of new M3 snapshot willl be done in parallel.
>
> Thanks
> Vladimir Beliaev
>

> 2007/10/1, Stepan Mishura <stepan.mishura@gmail.com>:
> >
> > Hi Vladimir,
> >
> > On 10/1/07, Vladimir Beliaev <vladimir.k.beliaev@gmail.com > wrote:
> > > Hello, Stepan,
> > >
> > > please get committed the patches for EFL updating which are:
> > >
> > >   - HARMONY-4870 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-4870 >
> > > ([buildtest][eut]
> > >   fixed EFL for EUT3.2)
> > >   - HARMONY-4871 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-4871>
> > > ([buildtest][eut]
> > >   fixed EFL for EUT3.3)
> > >   - HARMONY-4878 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-4878>
> > > ([buildtest][eut]
> > >   copy EFL to report on people.apache.org)
> > >

> > done.
> >
> > >  Pleas note that ... more changes on EFL may be done since there may
> > be
> > > intermittent failures.
> > >
> > > I recommend establishing a daily run of EUT ( 3.2/3.3 x winx86/linx86)
> > on
> > > same snapshot - M3 - to be able to define the list of tests which are
> > > fixedly passed each run.
> > >

> > Why daily? If we want to catch all intermittent failures for M3 may be
> > it is better to run tests several times (5-7?) on the snapshot.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Stepan.
> >
> > > Thanks
> > > Vladimir Beliaev