harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Osvaldo Demo" <demoosva...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][jndi] Integration of Ldap Service Provider and javax.naming.ldap package
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2007 16:43:50 GMT
Hello all,

I think that now would be a good moment to start thinking about the
integration of the javax.naming.ldap package with the Ldap Service
provider.

I worked with that package and it has two needs:

* An ASN1 Parser
* Dependence with javax.naming package

The rest, are container classes.

Things that the Ldap Service Provider has too, except for the
container class, of course. But please correct me if I am wrong.

For a clear understanding of what the ldap package does, those links
should be enough:

http://www.fitc.org.ar/javadev/ldap/index.html
http://java.sun.com/products/jndi/tutorial/ldap/ext/index.html

Another thing that should be done by the provider is the
StartTlsResponse Extension.
This is an Ldap v3 Extension, and there's an abstract class named
javax.naming.ldap.StartTlsResponse responsible for that behaviour.

What you have to do is the following: in the class
"javax.naming.StartTlsRequest" there's a method called
"createExtendedResponse(...)" that should return an implementation of
the abstract class that i mentioned before. This was commented,
because we hadn't a service provider in that time.

Now this should be uncommented and this class be implemented now.

So, I think that the point here is not to repeat code and share information.

We extended the ASN1 parser (submitted patches) from the security
package, I suggest to check on the contribution:

Best Regards,
Osvaldo Demo.