harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew Zhang" <zhanghuang...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [M3] NPE is thrown while debugging with M3
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 14:51:33 GMT

> Andrew Zhang wrote:
> > It has nothing to do with System.out.println. I changed that statement
> > "++i", the problem still exists. It seems Harmony(at least, nio
> part)  is
> > not successfully initialized. The first time of pressing F5 triggers the
> > problem.
>
> Understood, I'm just telling you what I see.
>
> Looking at your screenshot you are in the exception handler, so that
> should be dealing with the NPE, right?

Hi Tim,

yes. It's dealing with the NPE.

Do you have an exception breakpoint set in the debugger or any reason
> why that exception is invoking the debugger?

I didn't set exception breakpoint, but I set a breakpoint explicitly at the
beginning of the static initialization, and when it jumped to
catch(Exception e), I pressed F5 again. That's the screen snapshot. The more
I pressed F5, the more "AbstractInterruptibleChannel.<clinit>(): Line 57" is
shown in the stack trace.

The debugger terminates abnormally after pressing F6.

Regards,

--
Best regards,
Andrew Zhang