harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew Zhang" <zhanghuang...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [M3] NPE is thrown while debugging with M3
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 04:49:39 GMT

> Gregory Shimansky wrote:
> > Andrew Zhang wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I meet a problem when debugging java application with M3. It throws NPE
> >> immediately after pressing F5/F6. Here's simple test:
> >>
> >> public static void main(String[] args) {
> >>         int count = 100;
> >>         for(int i = 0; i < count; ++i) {
> >>             System.out.println(i); // put a breakpoint here.
> >>         }
> >>     }
> >>
> >> It looks like a serious bug. It's reproducible here, with Eclipse 3.2.2
> .
> >> Thanks!
> >
> > I tried both M3 JDK snapshot for libstdc++.so.6 and current local debug
> > development build of harmony, I couldn't reproduce this. Could you
> > please give more details which platform you are using and how you are
> > running this test? How does NPE stack trace look like?

Hi,

Here are some more details:

NPE stack trace:

Thread [main] (Suspended)
    NullPointerException.<init>() line: 34
    AbstractInterruptibleChannel.<clinit>() line: 57 [local variables
unavailable]

Platform information:

JRE: harmony-jre-580985

Eclipse: Version: 3.2.2 Build id: M20070212-1330

OS: Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition Service Pack 1
(Running on a VM)

The way to debug the application: Debug As -> Debug ..., select Harmony as
the JRE and put a breakpoint at any line. The program halts at the specified
breakpoint as expected, but if you press F5 or F6, it throws the NPE. Any
idea?

It doesn't have any problem to run the application against Harmony.

Thanks!

Works for me too on Windows M3 JDK build with Eclipse 3.3.

--
Best regards,
Andrew Zhang

http://zhanghuangzhu.blogspot.com/