harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Aleksey Shipilev" <aleksey.shipi...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][nio] legacy Selector improvements
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2007 09:38:36 GMT
Hi all,

Let me present the improvements to the Java layer of legacy
j.n.c.Selector [1]. Most of the ideas from this patch are already used
in committed epoll()-based Selector [2], they all strives to move away
from O(n) at Java layer and prevent performance issues due to useless

This patch gives as much as 2x boosts on selectNow() microtest. This
patch successfully passes JUnit tests and simple workloads.

I believe that this patch should be verified and committed to reside
in the trunk as the base for further optimizations, if any. Surely one
should consider using EpollSelectorProviderImpl for heavy workloads,
but this patch should help on Windows too.