harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Aleksey Shipilev" <aleksey.shipi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][nio] epoll()-based Selector
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2007 13:23:51 GMT
Alexei,

That's simple - if the have no _runtime_ kernel check and enable
EpollSelectionProvider then we will fail with "unresolved symbol:
epoll_*". More cleaner way will be to provide some runtime  check and
fail with some clean message describing lack of epoll facility in the
running kernel.

AFAIU, both ways should not confuse the user since epoll is turned on
manually. If we will implement automatic switching to the epoll, then
we implement runtime check and fail gently.

Thanks,
Aleksey.