harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Aleksey Shipilev" <aleksey.shipi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][nio] epoll()-based Selector
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2007 11:19:56 GMT
Alexei,

Thanks! The patch was applied OK.

So now we have two main issues:
 1. We need to detect the kernel at the build time and prevent
breaking the compilation due to lack of epoll kernel API.
 2. We need to detect the kernel at the run time and switch on
EpollSelectorProviderImpl.

For (1) I propose to include <linux/version.h> and then:

#if (LINUX_KERNEL_CODE >= KERNEL_VERSION(2, 6, 0))
  // do some epoll activity here
#else
 printf("Error: epoll facility is not implemented, please rebuild on
newer kernel\n");
#endif

If it sounds right, I will go ahead and make the patch for it.

Thanks,
Aleksey.