harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Aleksey Shipilev" <aleksey.shipi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][nio] epoll()-based Selector
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2007 10:56:43 GMT
Hi again,

I have updated the JIRA [1] with the final patch, all known
performance issues were resolved. I have also run extensive experiment
for measuring the performance of Selector.selectNow() operation on
current and epoll-based implementations comparing to Sun 1.6.0. You
might find the results in the JIRA attachment: comparison of current
and epoll-based implementation [2].

This implementation successfully passes JUnit tests and simple
workloads. It's also does not change anything in the classlib (not
saying about makefiles), additional option should be specified to
enable epoll functionality, so it's safe to apply this patch at any
time.

BTW, as I found not so long ago, epoll-based Selector is the main
improvement for java.nio.* in Sun 1.6.0 classlib [3], and we're going
neck and neck with them [4] :)

Thanks,
Aleksey Shipilev,
ESSD, Intel