harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Spark Shen" <smallsmallor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [testing] make the tests structure comply with our testing conventions
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2007 08:55:59 GMT
IIRC, there is once before a discussion about how to split the test cases
using annotation features.
Seems we have defined a category[1] for the test cases.

Just FYI.

BTW, junit 4+ supports selective run of test cases according to some
annotation values. And we talked
about enable the feature using testng[2]. Would this be a great opportunity
for us to enable that feature,
and this time on junit4? IMO, this will bring flexibility when archiving
test tests.

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/Testing_Convention
[2]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/harmony-dev/200609.mbox/%3C906dd82e0609040330k15434355g4d3c1f5240ff74e7@mail.gmail.com%3E

2007/10/26, Sean Qiu <sean.xx.qiu@gmail.com>:

> What i am going to do is to run our tests within RI 1.5.0 first,
> move the failed testing classes from src/test/api to src/test/impl and
> reserve their packaging names.
>
> The encountered problem is that some tests may contain both api testcases
> and impl testcases.
> IMHO, we can just move these testing classes into src/test/impl.
> So the tests in src/test/api can run successfully in any compatible
> implementations.
>
> Does it make sense? Any suggestions? Any volunteers?
>

> 2007/10/26, Sean Qiu <sean.xx.qiu@gmail.com>:
> >
> > To supply an independent tests archive,IMHO,
> > make tests meet our testing conventions[1] should be a good start.
> >
> > I have taken a glance at the structure of luni module,
> > and found that it does not comply with our conventions accurately.
> > I guess this may be a common situation.
> >
> > So i am going to make our luni module comply with our convention[1]
> first.
> > For example, the package "org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.io" should
> > be moved to src/test/impl/common rather than src/test/api/common,
> > since it is implementatin dependent.(am i right?)
> >
> > Any suggestions? If no one object, i will start to do it.
> >
> > [1] http://harmony.apache.org/subcomponents/classlibrary/testing.html
> > --
> > Sean Qiu
> > China Software Development Lab, IBM