harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Spark Shen" <smallsmallor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Multi-lingual publishing channels - blog, harmony web site etc.
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2007 01:45:26 GMT
I understand the importance of accuracy & validity for harmony.

2007/10/19, Alexei Fedotov <alexei.fedotov@gmail.com>:

> Hello all,
>
> > JIRA will also has its Russian and/or Chinese version in the near
> future.
>
> Do we need to have multiple versions of JIRAs? Is it positive to have
> multiple communication channels? Aren't we supposed to use one
> communication channel to avoid dispersing of the community?

I think dispersivity is mainly due to content, but not which language to
use. Multi-lingual
will not lead to dispersing of the community as long as it is under proper
supervision.

I would be
> rather opposite to Harmony blog idea while personal blogs are
> definitely a good option, and Xiao Feng has a nice one.
>
> The thing I agreed on was to allow multilingual communication for
> those cases when English communication was not possible. This applies
> to support issues and translations, and not blogging on technical
> issues and development.

The reason is that VP should understand the
> *changes* which happen in Harmony.

+1 for now. Seems we do not have VPs understand languages except for English
right now. :-) But
I do think this should be the most important issue to be concerned in the
long term, since
customers should be placed in the first place.

Thanks.