harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Spark Shen" <smallsmallor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] accepting bug reports/patches in other languages?
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2007 06:03:12 GMT
2007/10/18, Mikhail Loenko <mloenko@gmail.com>:

> Well we can start for example with Chinese and Russian.
> I think we have enough people here who could translate
>
> For other languages we could use e.g. auto-translators.

I suggest that we consider this as a new potential feedback channel,
> if you have user feedback then you have a choice to translate it or ignore
> it.
> If we say that we don't read feedback in other languages we don't have
> such a choice.
>
> What do you think?

I think the idea here is to provider information for more potential
developers and to attract them.
And since our JIRA system is an open system, of course reporters can modify
it according to
different requirement. And I agree with your idea: to provide multi-lingual
edition report has its value.

My thought here is the duplicated work - report it once in A language and
then translate it using B
language providing identical information. (I assume most developers
understand English version JIRA report well).
May be we could provide a tool just like that for auto translating apache
license v1.1 to v2. To some degree,
we can automate the process and avoid some efforts.

Just a superficial thought. :-)

Thanks,