harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Spark Shen" <smallsmallor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] accepting bug reports/patches in other languages?
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2007 02:42:41 GMT
2007/10/18, Mikhail Loenko <mloenko@gmail.com>:

> I like localized Wiki pages and I think we can make one more step in
> this direction.
>
> How about work out a process so that we could accept bug reports and
> patches on other languages? It does not look like something undoable.
> Usually reproducers and patches are language-independent, and assigned
> person could translate comments to English...

Sounds interesting. But will this bring more work to assignees more work or
prevent them
from understanding the issue? For example, how can JIRA report in Turkish be
readable to
an English speaker?

I agree that globalized JIRA may provider more valuable information to
outsiders. And how
about the reporters to do the translation work? (Just a suggestion for the
potential process :-) )

Correct my if I am wrong.

Ideas?

--