harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Spark Shen" <smallsmallor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][jndi] Integration of Ldap Service Provider and javax.naming.ldap package
Date Sun, 14 Oct 2007 04:11:08 GMT
2007/10/12, Osvaldo Demo <demoosvaldo@gmail.com>:

> Hi Spark, my intention was never trying to remind you the work that
> needs to be done. What I'm trying to do is to give you the information
> i have.

Seems that 'remind us' is not a proper phrase here. Many thanks to your
information.

In my previous project i found some links. Maybe they aren't useful
> right now, but it's a guideline of how an JNDI Ldap service provider
> should be implemented. I don't know if you have read it already or
> not. But just in case.
>
> http://java.sun.com/products/jndi/tutorial/provider/index.html
> (Building a service provider)
> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/jndi/jndi-ldap-gl.html
> (service provider implementation guidelines)
> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/jndi/jndi-ldap.html

Yes, I have read them. Thank you all the same.

I was looking your code with the viewcvs interface in the harmony site
> and it looks like you are making progress in communicating with the
> server. I suggest to read the first link "Building a service
> provider", i think that you can get a clearer picture of what are the
> modules that you are going to need.
>
> Of course that one of the modules that is needed will be the low level
> communication with the ldap server, which includes ASN1
> encodin/decoding.
>
> Maybe another abstraction layer is needed to mantain the different
> sockets.

I have similar feeling about this. May be we need framework like mina to
handle sockets.

On the other side, we need a Distinguished Name Parser. For instance,
> something that parses the following string:
> "cn=fs,cn=John,o=TestOrganization,c=us". There is a Class that
> represent's that and it's called LdapName. The DN Parser that the
> security package has is very strict, so we extended it and make the
> necessary changes so it will be more relaxed. You can use it, its
> "org.apache.harmony.jndi.internal.parser.LdapNameParser". You call
> parse("StringToParse"); and then call getList() and it returns a list
> of Rdn.

Yes, I already read LdapName, and find it very useful. To conclude, we need
at three different parsers for ldap feature.
1. DN parser - LdapName
2. ASN1 parser - ASN1 framwork
3. Ldap search filter parser - under development

The Bridge classes used to solve dependence with javax.naming package and
> container classes. As you said in the 2nd point. Here is where the
> implementation guidelines are going to serve.

I agree.

Regarding the test cases, you should take a look at the contribution
> that i mentioned before because we made many testcases but they are
> aimed at javax.naming.ldap API. Maybe it's possible to modify them to
> work with the service provider.

Your advices and information are valuable. They are welcomed all the way.

Bye,

--
Spark Shen
China Software Development Lab, IBM