harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [general][signal] I encountered some signals when debugging VM
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2007 17:10:05 GMT
Alexei Fedotov wrote:
> Hello Simon,
>
> I have the following line in my .gdbinit
> handle SIGUSR2 nostop noprint
>
> I put this line when signals were used to flush a cash, and your
> experience shows that they are still used.

Actually they are used for thread suspension on Linux (and now BSD too).
On Linux IPF they are also used for flushing registers to the memory to
get thread register context.

In any case they should be usually ignored when debugging, which can be
done with gdb command

handle SIGUSR2 nostop noprint

as Alexei pointed out.

--