harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Deakin <oliver.dea...@googlemail.com>
Subject [classlib] Moving to ICU4J 3.8
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2007 10:35:11 GMT
Since there have been no objections, I will commit my changes to move
classlib to icu4j 3.8.

I will leave the icu4c and icu4jni 3.4.4 libraries intact for the time
being, as they are currently needed by both drlvm and J9. Even though
these libraries will still be copied into the jre/bin directory by the
classlib build process, they will no longer be used by classlib. I will
be checking in an updated version of icu4j 3.8 jar from a recent
checkout of the icu code - this is because there are some bug fixes we
require that are not in the current 3.8 release. Once 3.8.1 is made
available, I will alter the build process to automatically download that
instead.

I am also removing the text module native code, as this is no longer needed.

It would be great if everyone could take a look and test these changes,
especially with drlvm and the federated build. Please let me know if
there is anything I have overlooked or if there are any other issues.

Regards,
Oliver

--
Oliver Deakin