harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] publish SPECjbb2005 scores
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2007 09:20:24 GMT
Egor Pasko wrote:
> On the 0x379 day of Apache Harmony Tim Ellison wrote:
>> Alexey Petrenko wrote:
>>> Yes, it would be nice to publish the results. This can be a good step
>>> for Harmony.
>>> Tim, can you please comment on the possibility?
>> I believe that there were discussions between SPEC and the ASF, before
>> my time, that came to nothing.  Not sure if anything has changed since.
>
> Tim,
>
> is it necessary for us that SPEC results are published by means of
> ASF? Maybe it is possible that some committer buys a license, measures
> all by him/herself and publishes the result? or more complicated way:
> give someone a right to publish scores?

I don't know the details of SPEC reporting.  That would be an issue
between the individual and SPEC organization.

> also, if the discussion you mentioned is googleable, I would be happy
> to take a look at the devil details, since, really, times could have
> changed. Sorry, could not find any relevant link :(

My information is just based upon an informal discussion with a Geronimo
developer.  Sorry, I don't know more about it than that.

At least this link [1] implies somebody was trying to run it.

[1] http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC10/specjappserver2004.html

Regards,
Tim