harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] [pack200] Using BCEL for Pack200
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2007 04:51:22 GMT
Andrew Cornwall wrote:
> I've got operands doing most of what they're supposed to do now with a
> hacked ClassConstantPool. (Unfortunately, Sian and the rest of the world
> can't see it yet because I'm still waiting on legal approval from my
> employer. Sigh.)

Best that you get clarification from your employer to avoid any nasty
surprises later<g>; and we also ask that you complete the ACQ [1] before
investing a great deal of effort, so that it is clear whether we can
accept your future contributions.

> Now I'm looking at building the ClassConstantPool. Right now, it appears
> that no CPMethodRefs are being added. I kind of expect that they should be
> added in Segment.buildClassFile(), similar to what happens with CPMethods -
> but I'm not sure how the method references get located. How does a class
> know which method refs it has?

That's definitely a question for Sian.

[1] http://harmony.apache.org/auth_cont_quest.html

Regards,