harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [OT] new tools for Harmony
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2007 04:47:15 GMT
this is quite 'on topic' I would think...<shrug>

(more below)

Regis wrote:
> Recently I'm implementing LDAP filter and url parser, I use JavaCC[1] to
> generate parser's source code, the input
> grammar files are written by myself. I'm not sure whether the generated
> source code could be included into Harmony
> (only the source code, because it needn't JavaCC jars at compiling and
> runtime).

Yes it can.

> JavaCC is BSD licensed, it convert grammar file to java file, and
> according to it's FAQ[2], the java files produced by javacc
> can be used in any way.
>
> And javacc created java files with first line like this:
> "/* Generated By:JavaCC: Do not edit this line. FilterParser.java */"
>
> Is it acceptable?

Yep.  Please ensure that you also contribute the grammar files that you
write as input to javacc.  Both the grammar files and the resulting java
files should have the ASF standard block comments at the top and be
checked into SVN.  It's probably a good idea to also keep the 'Do not
edit' instruction just so people know.

Regards,
Tim