harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Harmony for Apache internal use?
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2007 10:49:19 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On 10/20/07, Graham Leggett <minfrin@sharp.fm> wrote:
>> Builds expose Harmony not only to compiling a large body of existing
>> stable code, but also allows the opportunity for Harmony to run the test
>> suites on that body of code as well.
>
> While that may be true, that's not something that the ASF
> infrastructure is in a unique position to provide.  Harmony already
> compiles a lot (most?) Java code.  I believe they may be more
> interested in stressing the JVM than the compiler.  -- justin

In fact, Harmony uses the Eclipse compiler for Java [1] so it already
compiles all Java code thanks to our friends in Eclipse.

We have a flexible test framework that allows us to plug-in
applications' test suites, and we are expanding that to demonstrate
Harmony's ability to run lots of different Java applications.

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/jdt/core/dev.php

Regards,
Tim