harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Multi-lingual publishing channels - blog, harmony web site etc.
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2007 09:08:31 GMT
Nadya Morozova wrote:
> Good idea.
> we have a couple of pages in Wiki that translate Quick Helps into Russia. I
> was planning to add links from website to those Wiki pages.
> What other pages need to be translated? News-roadmap-downloads? should we
> store them on wiki or as part of site?

If they are translations of part of the site, then they should be stored
as part of the site IMO.

I see no problem with providing .html.en and .html.ru and .html.cn pages
for the website, and using the mechanics in place to support a
multilingual site.

My only caveat is that the languages we maintain must be readable by at
least a couple of PMC members / committers / trusted third-parties,
since it is our responsibility to oversee the content we are publishing
via official Apache channels; i.e. if somebody kindly provided a
translation in Spanish we might have to politely decline unless we could
be sure it was an accurate translation.

Regards,
Tim