harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Harmony for Apache internal use?
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2007 17:43:23 GMT
Kathey Marsden wrote:
> Graham Leggett wrote:
>> On Wed, October 17, 2007 11:56 am, Mikhail Loenko wrote:
>>

>>> I'm a Harmony developer and wondering what's necessary for
>>> Apache to use it's own Harmony for internal use rather than Sun's or
>>> another Java.
>>>

> One good option for testing harmony might be to try the Derby functional
> tests. The Derby tests traditionally are  very good at finding jvm bugs,
> especially JIT bugs.

The last set of results that I'm aware of for Derby on Harmony was
uploaded by Sean in HARMONY-4726 and published here [1].

Note that this was on Derby 10.3.1.4, and apparently Harmony as it was
back in March 2007 (r522033)?

Sean: Is that right? The issue was raised in September.  Were you really
using such an old VM?

[1] http://people.apache.org/~tellison/derby/drlvm-r522033/

Regards,
Tim