harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Thoughts...
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2007 15:30:56 GMT
Mikhail Loenko wrote:
> The first reason is to be consistent with the past. I'm reluctant to list
> contributions that we accepted but did not intergrated, but still we have
> precedents.

For sure, though there are some things we try not to be consistent on ;-)

> The second reason is flexibility that we gain once we accept the code:
> then if someone finds that for example 10-lines of some utility code can
> be reused elsewhere, they can simply copy-paste it to SVN.
>
> If for technical reasons we decline the contribution, then we don't
> have such a flexibility

Understood, and as I said, I am not opposed to the contribution, I'm
just taking a little time to understand it.  The vote should reflect
both the housekeeping duties have been considered, of it being a
presented with the right paperwork etc, *and* that it is in keeping with
the goals and direction of the project.

Apologies that I'm always the slow one in getting to that place :*)

Regards,
Tim