harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject [offlist] Re: Thoughts...
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2007 11:35:07 GMT
off-list for a momnent, but I may raise this on the list too...

Mikhail Loenko wrote:
>> It looks like there is some good discussion going on around this topic,
>> and possible alternatives being explored.  Rather than prematurely
>> forcing the issue with a vote, maybe we should stop the vote and
>> continue the discussion for a while until we reach a consensus, then
>> restart the vote.
>>
>> What do you think?
>
> I think this is a separate discussion: accepting contribution is
> something formal, not technical thing.

Why do you say that?  It is both 'formal' (as described below) and
technical (i.e. this is something we should commit and work on).

> We should check whether
> contribution relates to the project, whether we have questions
> to authorship or origin of the code, etc
>
> If we accept contribution we may have a technical discussion,
> which parts worth integration, etc.

What if we then think this is a bad idea?  I don't think it *is* a bad
idea, quite the opposite, but I don't see why you wouldn't have the
debate first then decide to take it into the project.

> So I suggest that we continue both vote and the technical discussion

Maybe I misread the discussion -- is there an alternative being proposed
or not?  I though there was at first, but now I reread the thread it
seems not.

Regards,
Tim