harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Regis <xu.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][jndi] Integration of Ldap Service Provider and javax.naming.ldap package
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2007 02:34:34 GMT
Hi,

It's great that you are also interested in ldap service provider.
My comments is in line:

Osvaldo Demo wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I think that now would be a good moment to start thinking about the
> integration of the javax.naming.ldap package with the Ldap Service
> provider.
>
> I worked with that package and it has two needs:
>
> * An ASN1 Parser
> * Dependence with javax.naming package
>
> The rest, are container classes.
What does "container classes" means here?

> Things that the Ldap Service Provider has too, except for the
> container class, of course. But please correct me if I am wrong.
>
> For a clear understanding of what the ldap package does, those links
> should be enough:
>
> http://www.fitc.org.ar/javadev/ldap/index.html
> http://java.sun.com/products/jndi/tutorial/ldap/ext/index.html
>

> Another thing that should be done by the provider is the
> StartTlsResponse Extension.
> This is an Ldap v3 Extension, and there's an abstract class named
> javax.naming.ldap.StartTlsResponse responsible for that behaviour.
We are planning to implement it, and have done some work, if you are
interested, welcome to join us.

> What you have to do is the following: in the class
> "javax.naming.StartTlsRequest" there's a method called
> "createExtendedResponse(...)" that should return an implementation of
> the abstract class that i mentioned before. This was commented,
> because we hadn't a service provider in that time.
>
> Now this should be uncommented and this class be implemented now.
>
> So, I think that the point here is not to repeat code and share information.
I agree with you.

> We extended the ASN1 parser (submitted patches) from the security
> package, I suggest to check on the contribution:

> Best Regards,
> Osvaldo Demo.

I'm not sure what you means "Integration of Ldap Service Provider and
javax.naming.ldap package",
I think they are separated layer, implementation of service provider
should not depends on implementation
of the javax.naming.ldap package, so that harmony service provider can
also work with other jdk.

Best Regards,
Regis.