harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [site] Mirrored downloads page available for testing
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 10:32:39 GMT
Sian January wrote:
> Thanks for doing this Tim.  The new page works for me with various UK
> mirrors.  Are we able to get download statistics for M3 now we have google
> analytics on the website?

Analytics and the ASF server logs give us a bunch of information about
the usage of pages on our website, and the number of downloads etc.
However, now we have switched to the mirrors we actually can't tell if
people completed a download from a mirror site, only that they went to
our download page and followed the links.

One of the reasons we were asked to switch to using mirrors was to
alleviate the load on the ASF servers (I understand we were getting
about 100 milestone downloads per day in September), plus of course
local mirrors make things quicker for our users.

Regards,
Tim