harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] 5.0 M3 stable build has been released
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 07:26:05 GMT
Stepan Mishura wrote:
> I'm glad to announce that M3 stable build has been released: The
> following announcement was added to the news page:
> "The build is targeted primarily to improving overall stability and
> performance. This build contains the following enhancements enabled:
> an innovative fast byte code verifier, lazy resolution in all JIT
> modes on IA32 platforms, support for Java6.0 classes in DRLVM.
>
> The next areas were improved:
> - Bytecode mapping in JIT - exception stack traces became more comprehensive
> - Threading support was partially re-factored towards improvement of
> reliability and maintainability
> - JIT-based JVMTI debug mode was speed up in 3 times
> - Stability of Swing and AWT code on Windows"
>
> The build is available on the download page[1]
>
> Please let me know if I missed something that worth to be included to
> the announcement text or there are invalid links on the download page.
>
> [1] http://harmony.apache.org/downloads.html#M3-r580985

That's great.  I just got back and have lots of mail to catch-up with,
but was very happy to see this announcement.  Thank you for shepherding
it through the stability period Stepan.

These builds are proving very popular, so we need to move these builds
over to the mirrored directory tree.  I'll start doing that today
without disrupting the existing download page, and let you know before
doing the switch.

Regards,
Tim