harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Eclipse Launcher Problem (was Re: [general][M3] release r580985 as M3 stable build)
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2007 15:49:58 GMT
Sian January wrote:
> Sorry - I think I should have started another thread for this discussion so
> we don't clutter up the M3 thread.  Please reply here.

Sorry, I read your email in M3 thread first and replied to it. Reply
goes below.

> On 04/10/2007, Sian January <sianjanuary@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks Gregory.  So I guess the launcher is using JNI rather than java.exeto start
Eclipse when the jre directory exists.

>> By the way, this was also failing for me with the IBM VME.  Does it make
>> sense that it would have the same bug?

Hmm no. In this case it should be a different bug since IBM VME exports
JNI_CreateJavaVM as "JNI_CreateJavaVM" (as sun does), not as
"_JNI_CreateJavaVM@12" as DRLVM currently does. So it is something
different. Maybe eclipse.exe actually uses java.exe when it finds
eclipse/jre directory?...

Gregory