harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general][M3] release r580985 as M3 stable build
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2007 15:48:34 GMT
Sian January wrote:
> Thanks Gregory.  So I guess the launcher is using JNI rather than
> java.exeto start Eclipse when the jre directory exists.
>
> By the way, this was also failing for me with the IBM VME.  Does it make
> sense that it would have the same bug?

Hmm no. In this case it should be a different bug since IBM VME exports
JNI_CreateJavaVM as "JNI_CreateJavaVM" (as sun does), not as
"_JNI_CreateJavaVM@12" as DRLVM currently does. So it is something
different. Maybe eclipse.exe actually uses java.exe when it finds
eclipse/jre directory?...

--
Gregory