harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general][M3] release r580985 as M3 stable build
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2007 14:36:57 GMT
Sian January wrote:
>> Stepan Mishura wrote:
>>> Let's make a decision about the last milestone candidate r580985.
>>> Shortly, as I can see there is only one issue that blocks its release
>>> - HARMONY-4873
>>>
>>> I'd suggest the next - we wait for objections to postpone the issue
>>> resolution to M4 for 72 hours (starting from now) to let everyone to
>>> speak up.
>>> If there are no objections - we make the release. Also I think we
>>> shouldn't keep all this time the trunk frozen so I'd suggest if there
>>> are no objections during 24 hours we unfroze the trunk. If  after that
>>> we get a vote for fixing the issue then a branch is created to make
>>> the fix and testing.
>> Agreed, although it would be good to hear that the Eclipse 3.3 launching
>> problem is fixed that Sian posted about on the thread "Re: [eclipse]
>> Eclipse 3.3 can not download updates".
>

> I've just done some more digging on this and it's only failing when you copy
> the Harmony JRE to the eclipse/jre directory (which is new in Eclipse 3.3).
> You can still add jre\bin to the path and run eclipse.exe like you did
> before.  So as it's not a regression and it could take a while to figure out
> I would probably say it's not a blocking issue for M3.
>
> Next question is whether to raise a Harmony bug or an Eclipse bug...

There is already a bug about eclipse.exe not being able to launch
Harmony when DRLVM is used. It is HARMONY-4006. All patches there are
ready to committed after code freeze.

BTW it is a windows only bug because of windows specific name
decorations for JNI_CreateJavaVM function. On Linux eclipse 3.3 should
work without any patches.

--
Gregory