harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Zakharov" <alexei.zakha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Harmony for Apache internal use?
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2007 16:38:37 GMT
Hi all,

FYI today I've download evaluation version of JIRA and tried to run it
with the most recent version of our HDK. At the beginning it didn't
want to work due to NoClassDefFound error for following classes:
com/sun/image/codec/jpeg/ImageFormatException.class
sun/security/action/GetPropertyAction.class
Then I created simple stubs for them and placed to
$CATALINA_HOME/shared/classes. Then I run tomcat again and ... JIRA
started to work. Without any exceptions, stacktraces, hangs and
crashes! I was playing with it about two hours. I've successfully
created a new project, project's components, several users and
permissions for them. First two JIRA issues were successfully filed.
Here is a screenshot to prove that this wasn't a figment of my
imagination - [1] . Don't pay attention to JVM vendor. Most likely
it's value is  mistakenly taken from "java.specification.vendor" or
"java.vm.specification.vendor".

Of course I understand this wasn't a stress test in a production
environment. But the fact that Harmony already is able to host (small)
JIRA instances deserves community attention IMO.

[1] http://people.apache.org/~ayza/JIRA_on_Harmony.png

Thanks,
Alexei