harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Zakharov" <alexei.zakha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][icu] Bringing ICU level up to 3.8
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 11:58:55 GMT
Hi,

AFAIK internal providers implementation came from HARMONY-3593
([classlib][nio_char] Contribution of charset encoders/decoders for
nio_char module). And as far as I understand these providers still
have some benefits - they're faster than ICU's ones and fix some known
ICU issues (see HARMONY-3307 for example). Original announcement
message can be found at
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.harmony.devel/25623

In this way, I think we should be careful with switching back to
pure-ICU without detailed investigation.

Thanks,
Alexei