harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Zakharov" <alexei.zakha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [site] update Quick Help for Contributors (the building instructions)
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2007 15:17:42 GMT
> > "Ant 1.6.5 or higher" to "Ant 1.6.5"?  Is there a problem with later
> > versions of Ant?
> Yes, Alexei Fedotov mentioned to me that higher versions are not currently
> supported. I suggest asking again to reconfirm.

Well, in general Ant 1.7 is ok if you are working on classlib only.
I'm using it currently in my daily work for example. However, if you
are committing something to DRLVM workspace you need to run DRLVM
acceptance tests. And it is a problem with ant 1.7 - IIRC I
encountered some strange errors while trying to run it on recent
versions of ant. Looks like the current DRLVM build system is closely
connected with ant 1.6.5 .

Regards,
Alexei