harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] Re: svn commit: r584159 - in /harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/modules/awt/src/main: java/unix/org/apache/harmony/awt/gl/font/ java/unix/org/apache/harmony/awt/gl/linux/ native/linuxfont/unix/ native/linuxfont/unix/include/
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 10:59:15 GMT

On 17 October 2007 at 14:02, "Alexei Zakharov" <alexei.zakharov@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nice, thanks a lot Mark. The most interesting thing is that I haven't
> seen any error messages neither while running a test from HARMONY-4562
> nor while standard commit testing that includes Swing and AWT unit
> tests. Most likely the difference was in the fact I was using DRLVM
> and you probably use J9. AFAIK DRLVM uses APR's apr_dso_load to load
> dll's that to all appearance just silently ignores unresolved symbols.
> So I was enjoying nice Linux fonts in spite of the fact that the
> reference to newNullPointerException was not resolved. :)

Yes.  That makes sense[0].  I had just assumed you hadn't updated your
workspace in a rather long time. ;-)

Regards,
 Mark.

[0] I can see why this behaviour might be useful if you had circular
    references but I'm not convinced it is all that helpful for our
    environment - I prefer to see the errors immediately.