harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [general][M3] release r580985 as M3 stable build
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2007 07:22:06 GMT

On 4 October 2007 at 12:48, "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mishura@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Let's make a decision about the last milestone candidate r580985.
> Shortly, as I can see there is only one issue that blocks its release
> - HARMONY-4873
>
> I'd suggest the next - we wait for objections to postpone the issue
> resolution to M4 for 72 hours (starting from now) to let everyone to
> speak up.
> If there are no objections - we make the release. Also I think we
> shouldn't keep all this time the trunk frozen so I'd suggest if there
> are no objections during 24 hours we unfroze the trunk. If  after that
> we get a vote for fixing the issue then a branch is created to make
> the fix and testing.
>
> Objections?

None from me.  Sounds like an excellent plan.

FYI: I've placed Debian(stable) packages for r580985 at:

  http://people.apache.org/~hindessm/debian/

In case any wants to give them a try.  Not these were created using a
source tar.gz created by running 'ant bundle_src' in the federation
build.  So if there are issues/inconsistencies then they'll be issues
with the source tar.gz.

-Mark.