harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [general][M3] status for milestone candidate r580985
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2007 09:29:16 GMT

On 3 October 2007 at 15:08, "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mishura@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Status for milestone candidate (r580985):
>
> * Class library unit tests:
>     Linux: 1 crash (HARMONY-4873), 1 failure (incorrect test - HARMONY-4872)
> * DRL VM tests
>     Windows: known intermittent failure (HARMONY-4830)
> * Eclipse Unit Tests 3.2.
>     Windows: the exclude list was updated (1 know issue + 3
> intermittent were added) but there are new 68 failures. Regressions
> from the previous milestone candidate?
>     Linux - I have to re-run the suite
> * Eclipse Unit Tests 3.3.
>     Linux - as for 3.2
> * Eclipse Geronimo Application (EGA) scenario x 48h -  still running
> on both platforms
> * Functional Test Suite -  still running on both platforms
>   There fixes for several tests, also an update to the exclude list
> (HARMONY-4889)
> * Geronimo Unit Tests
>    2 regressions on Windows/Linux caused by applying patch for HARMONY-617
> * JDKTools tests:
>     Windows: 1 failure - reproducible only if the whole suite is run
> (HARMONY-4868)
> * Reliability Test Suite:
>      Linux/Windows: 13 failures - of them are intermittent
> * Stress Test Suite
> Results was improved compared to the previous one: Windows - 2
> failure, Linux - 4 failures!. (There is HARMONY-4881 with a patch to
> all failures to exclude list.)
>
> As I can see we need to:
> - investigate what happened with Eclipse Unit Tests 3.2 on Windows
> - wait for result for EGAx48 (would be nice to see it passed on both
> platforms), EUTs on Linux, functional suite (I don't expect big
> changes here -  EUTs on Linux will probably  timeout again, functional
> results should be a bit better),

When are these due/likely to finish?

> - make decision for HARMONY-4873 (classlib test crash on Linux)

This is a regression from M2 so it would be nice to fix it.  (Looks like
a JIT problem since it passes for me on r580985 with -Xint.)  Is someone
actively looking at this?

Depending on the complexity of the fix it is likely we'd want to restart
testing so perhaps we might have to release with this as a known issue.
Depends how long we are prepared to delay the milestone release.

> - make decision for Geronimo unit tests - quick fix, revert patch for
> HARMONY-617 or exclude

+1 for exclude

> More issues?
>
> Also we should keep in mind HARMONY-4790 (mentioned by Gregory)

I'd be inclined to delay fixing this until M4.

-Mark.